Friday 26 December 2008

I survived just...........

I had a wonderful Christmas day............lunch at the in laws and one of my brother's and family joined us their........there were so many salad and of course I had to try them all..........OMG I was so stuffed after lunch but NO stupid me lined up for the 1/6 dozen different desserts too..............by then I could hardly move...........lol............

Late in the afternoon we headed home and stopped in at the neighbours and had "left overs" for dinner...............but managed to eat to much again...........but loved every minute of it............

All day I was battling with the sniffs and sneezes and by the time we were putting out the dessert I "hit the wall" ate a little dessert and went straight home.............Well today Boxing Day I have spent the day on the lounge.....sniffs and sneezes have turned into sinus...............didn't even feel like getting on the net and checking out the blogs this morning but after a few snoozes and I have checked out a few blogs..........mainly the Aussie girls so far.........and read my emails...........sorry no replies.....

....but I feel I have the best present of all for Christmas...........reading excited emails from you girls in the swap when you have opened your presents...........I am so pleased I have done the SSCS again this year..............the challenging/hectic moments have been forgotten by all these messages that have made it super special.........

As for my SSCS.............I received a beautiful gift from Rachel G.............and a few other little parcels also from some other bloggers...........Fairy Girl loves her SSCS presents from "Tink"...........speaking of Fairy Girl .........she was spoilt this year...........more on that soon...........oh and so was I.............dh excelled.......he made me a wonderful present................I will post some pics soon as a feel better.............

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

16 comments:

rachelmp said...

I'm glad you had a good Christmas and hope you feel better soon. Thanks so much for organising the SSCS, it made Christmas even more special. Pic's of my gift from May Britt up on my blog x Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hello Elf Donna,pictures of my gifts are on my blog.Thank you ever so much for organising such a wonderful swap.Regards Lyn

Laila said...

Hello. Hope you will feel better soon. Thanks for hosting the great SSCS, I got the most wonderful gifts. Hugs from Norway

Teodo said...

Donna,
I opened my Christmas swap.....It was from Paulette.......Meraviglioso ( amazing) Thanks Donna.
ciao ciao

Anita said...

Sounds like you had a lovley christmas day! Sorry to hear you are not feeling the best, hope you recover quickly. Thanks for organising the swap!

May Britt said...

Hope you will feel better really soon. Being sick at christmastime is not so fun. Take care and enjoy what you can.

Kris said...

Hope you feel better soon! I had a fantastic Christmas made even better by my SSCS! Thanks for making so many Christmases even more wonderful!!! (You wonderful Elf, you!)

Unknown said...

Poor Donna, I hope you are better now.

Margaret said...

Sit back and enjoy the cricket, you have been a very busy girl this year, after seeing how these swaps work I may try one in the New Year, Cheers

Candace said...

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well, but it sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I'm glad I'm not the only one who tries too many things at Christmas dinner. I've been looking through the posts that I am behind, and I must say you certainly deserve that Christmas spirit award.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas Donna. But I'm so glad it's over.
Hey can you tell me who my secret santa was. No name inside my giftie.
Sharon

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell, Get Well Soon. Sounds like you had a great family celebration...Take Care
Andrea:)

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling unwell, Get Well Soon. Sounds like you had a great family celebration...Take Care
Andrea:)

Sonia said...

Rest up Donna, looking forward to next years already....so excited.!!!

Angels Come to Play said...

:( Not feeling well...perhaps you need some retail therapy....I can vouch for it.
Shelley

Janellybelly said...

I hope you are feeling a lot better today :) It has been great fun checking out who got what with the SSCS, count me in for next year.
Blessings
Janelle xx