Friday 8 May 2009

Ruler review..........

I have been using my adjustable quilting ruler and thought I would give you a review of what I thought then today I saw a review of the rulers in the lastest Homespun magazine..........I first talked about the rulers back in July 08 when I saw it on The New Inventors.........it won the viewers choice for that week thanks to all us quilters......who else would have voted for it.........then it went on to win viewers choice for 2008..............

dh surprised me and got me one for my birthday.............

But as for the rulers.........well I have the long rectangle one........24" long cuts up to 6.5" wide.........it is not fun if you are constantly changing your widths every cut but as soon as you have to cut more the 2 strips it is wonderful........I have recently been cutting some borders for quilts and it has been great...........with my plain ruler I am usually constantly checking and rechecking the width before I cut.........worrying I will cut several different widths........

now as for cutting with this adjustable ruler it kind of butts up to the fabric so no problems getting it in the right place and so long as it is butting the fabric correctly cut away...............no need to worry about the width it is set.............saves me worrying.........

just loosen the 2 screws one on each end and then move to correct mark and tighten............cut away............

( www.westalee.com.au )

now as for buying the rulers..................if you are new to patchwork and deciding on what ruler to buy first this would not be it as I use the other one.............but as soon as you want to cut strips this baby is tops............they have some different triangle ones too...........hope you like my review.........enjoy.........

this quilt has finally gone to be quilted...............

.........take care til next time.............
.......Chookyblue..........

15 comments:

Willow Grove - Kez said...

I was wondering about that ruler. They are having it demo at a quilt store near here and thought it would be a good one to see. Thanks for the review, it has helped me understand it a bit better. I also seen it on the inventors in 08 and was impressed then. Looking forward to the demo day.

Annie said...

Great to hear about this ruler Chook - I remember when you were talking about it on the inventors, but I didn't follow it up. Sounds good

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Review...have been thinking of getting one of these in Sydney but would need a Demo first...Thanks for setting my Mind at Ease...it's on the List..lol.
cheers

Cardygirl said...

Thanks for the info...saw it in Homespun...quilt top looks nice!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a neat ruler Donna.
Yep my packing is a nightmare but we're getting there. Only a week and a half left. :-)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Ok lets see if this works

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Ok lets try one more time.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your going to have ten comments all from me. lolol I think you fixed it. Thank you so much.
Hugs

Julie said...

I've been curious about these rulers, good to hear your opinion.

Julia said...

I wondered about these rulers..
Good to read your opinion..
Julia ♥

Wendy said...

I have not seen this ruler yet, but I will check it out. Thanks for the information....

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great ruler! I wonder how many more rules I can smuggle into the house without DH wondering why I need SO MANY different rulers!!!! It's similar to why he needs so many corded and cordless drills!!!! Makes sense to him and not me.... well...this is the other way around!!

Unknown said...

I have never seen this type of ruler! Thanks for your review.

limpingalong said...

I owned a triangle ruler for more than a year before I got it out to use. Wow! It was great!!

Jodie said...

Awesome review!!! I was wondering how these rulers were... I saw them mentioned again on The New Inventors last week and they seem to be going well sales wise...

Take Care
Jodie :)