Monday 3 December 2012

blog photo storage.......

Quite a few blogs have mentioned reaching photo storage limits...............
All the photos you publish on your blog are stored in Picasa Web Albums
This is what Picasa has to say about FREE storage limits...........
(random old photo from 2007)
Ways to clear the issue.........(my opinion here)
** pay money for more storage - NOT INTERESTED
** email pics to posts - i have done this for many years I started when my uploading was taking forever.........I always reduce photo size when emailing
** upgrade to google+ - NOT INTERESTED
** reduce your photo sizes before putting them onto your blog
** delete photos from your wed albums to free up space - NOT NOT NOT recommended as once you delete them they disappear from your blog altogether.
I have about 7400 pics in Picasa and used under 50% of my free storage.
When in Picasa click on the web albums in the top left corner...........
once in web albums scroll to the bottom on the page and you will see your usage.............
I hope this helps others...............
i'll add it to the "How to......blog bits" tab at the top of my blog........

.........take care til next time.....Chookyblue.........

8 comments:

Val said...

How do you email them to your blog though?

Kris said...

I always make my photo files smaller before putting them on the blog and have had no problems.

Joolz said...

Thanks for this advice, will look at it in the next few days.

Cheers - Joolz

Anita said...

I don't really get Picasa - maybe don't use it enough. I can't see where it says Web albums LOL

Cat said...

Thank You for this advice - I reached my limit a couple of days ago and deleted all photos from an earlier blog - okay for now but will keep this in mind from now on
Thank You

Gayle said...

Thanks for the great advice on photos, I am only a novice when it comes to blogging. Thankyou for sharing.

Susie said...

Awesome post too Chooky!! Thanks-great timing as I reached my limit the other day and didn't want to delete any. I too query the best way to email - do you email to your file storage where you normally store the photos? I'm not sure what I am going to do with earlier posts as I really wanted to keep them to show my kids later on.........:(

Caroline said...

My solution, make a new email-adress on gmail, and give this email rights to put messages on your blog. That's the way I did it, and it worked very well. I use a new emailadress on to post new blogs, no problem with pictures. bye bye Caro from the Netherlands